Is there a cure for amelanotic melanoma?

Unfortunately, there is no guaranteed cure for amelanotic melanoma. However, with early diagnosis and proper treatment, it might be possible to remove the cancer completely. Surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation are common treatments for all kinds of melanoma. Newer medicines, such as those in targeted therapy and immunotherapy, offer more and better weapons in the fight against melanoma. The earlier amelanotic melanoma is diagnosed and treated, the better your chance for a full recovery.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Melanoma Diagnosis More Deadly for Men than Women
Looks like science has found another reason for guys to slather on the sunscreen—according to a study, young men are 55 percent more likely to die fro...
What is melanoma?
Melanoma is the least common but most aggressive of the three most common types of skin cancer. Mela...
How often should I have my skin checked for melanoma?
Alice DomarAlice Domar
There is no good data proving that skin checks reduce the risk of death by melanoma, so whether ...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?