Is there a cure for amelanotic melanoma?

Unfortunately, there is no guaranteed cure for amelanotic melanoma. However, with early diagnosis and proper treatment, it might be possible to remove the cancer completely. Surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation are common treatments for all kinds of melanoma. Newer medicines, such as those in targeted therapy and immunotherapy, offer more and better weapons in the fight against melanoma. The earlier amelanotic melanoma is diagnosed and treated, the better your chance for a full recovery.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Can children get melanoma?
Jill Onesti, MDJill Onesti, MD
It is very rare for children to develop melanoma, however it is possible. If you have a family histo...
What is amelanotic melanoma?
Dr. Stuart A. Linder, MDDr. Stuart A. Linder, MD
Amelanotic melanoma often appears as a lesion without color, irregular borders, and a small amount o...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?