Is there a cure for acral lentiginous melanoma?

With early diagnosis and proper treatment, it might be possible to remove the cancer completely. To increase your chances for a full recovery, make sure you're regularly checking your skin for any growths or lesions, especially in unusual areas like soles, palms, nail beds, and inside your mouth. The earlier acral lentiginous melanoma is diagnosed and treated, the better your chance for a full recovery.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What determines how deep melanoma is?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The Clark levels are used to describe how deep the melanoma has spread into the skin:     • Lev...
How can I reduce my risk of dying from melanoma?
If you want to cut your risk of fatal melanoma, make an appointment with the mirror. Research sh...
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?