Is amelanotic melanoma painful?

Amelanotic melanoma may be painful if it reaches advanced stages in certain areas of your body. If amelanotic melanoma growths occur underneath nails, it can cause nails to separate from the nail beds, which may be painful. Growths in mucous membranes of the nose, mouth, and urinary tract can occasionally cause pain, though those growths generally doesn't cause pain till it's reached very advanced stages. Talk to your doctor right away if you have any flesh-colored growths that are causing pain.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Want the Best Sunscreen? What You Need to Know
Summer's here. And who isn't cheering? But before you spin vintage Beach Boys vinyl or park your towel in a sunny spot, we have a public service annou...
What is melanoma?
Melanoma is the least common but most aggressive of the three most common types of skin cancer. Mela...
What factors affect my prognosis with melanoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on the following:The stage of melano...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?