How often should I have my skin checked for melanoma?

Alice Domar
There is no good data proving that skin checks reduce the risk of death by melanoma, so whether to get an annual full-body skin check is up to you. An alternative possibility is taking advantage of a doctor’s visit that occurs for an unrelated reason, and then asking your doctor to be on the lookout for unusual growths.
Live a Little!: Breaking the Rules Won't Break Your Health

Later to bed, munching some fries, makes a girl pretty healthy and wise. . . .Yes, it’s true—more or less. Why? Women do need to eat healthier, exercise, get adequate sleep, and take preventive...

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What is the survival rate for melanoma of the foot?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Since melanoma of the foot is usually noticed late by patients, and more likely to be misdiagnos...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with melanoma?
If you are caring for someone with melanoma, it is very important to help that person follow medical...
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?