How often should I have my skin checked for melanoma?

Alice Domar
There is no good data proving that skin checks reduce the risk of death by melanoma, so whether to get an annual full-body skin check is up to you. An alternative possibility is taking advantage of a doctor’s visit that occurs for an unrelated reason, and then asking your doctor to be on the lookout for unusual growths.
Live a Little!: Breaking the Rules Won't Break Your Health

Later to bed, munching some fries, makes a girl pretty healthy and wise. . . .Yes, it’s true—more or less. Why? Women do need to eat healthier, exercise, get adequate sleep, and take preventive...

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Tell Me Why ... My Mole Grew Back
Tell Me Why ... My Mole Grew Back
People get moles removed for a handful of reasons. Sometimes it’s purely cosmetic, other times it’s because the mole shows signs of potential skin can...
What are the treatment options for stage 4 melanoma?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Treatment for stage 4 melanoma is usually more aggressive than earlier stages, because the cancer ha...
How does melanoma affect the body?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Melanoma is caused by the overproduction of certain skin cells called melanocytes. This cell overgro...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?