How do I manage my polypoid melanoma on a daily basis?

To manage your polypoid melanoma daily, it&qapos;s very important to follow treatment advice from your doctors. Usually, treatment will involve the immediate removal of the growth and surrounding tissue, but it may involve other treatments like chemotherapy or radiation therapy. Continue to follow your doctor's advice throughout the course of treatment. Once you've been treated, you must follow up regularly with your doctor to make sure the cancer hasn't come back or spread. Continue doing self-checks for any unusual new skin growths. It's also especially important to protect your skin if you' had polypoid melanoma, so limit sun exposure and protect any exposed skin. Being diagnosed with and treated for polypoid melanoma may cause emotional distress, so take advantage of resources like support groups to help you cope with emotional challenges of the disease.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Got Ulcerative Colitis? Make Sure to Protect Your Skin
As if dealing with diarrhea, stomach pain and fatigue wasn’t hard enough, there’s another major concern for people with ulcerative colitis, a type of ...
What is melanoma?
Melanoma is the least common but most aggressive of the three most common types of skin cancer. Mela...
What are the treatment options for stage 4 melanoma?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Treatment for stage 4 melanoma is usually more aggressive than earlier stages, because the cancer ha...
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?