How do I manage my polypoid melanoma on a daily basis?

To manage your polypoid melanoma daily, it&qapos;s very important to follow treatment advice from your doctors. Usually, treatment will involve the immediate removal of the growth and surrounding tissue, but it may involve other treatments like chemotherapy or radiation therapy. Continue to follow your doctor's advice throughout the course of treatment. Once you've been treated, you must follow up regularly with your doctor to make sure the cancer hasn't come back or spread. Continue doing self-checks for any unusual new skin growths. It's also especially important to protect your skin if you' had polypoid melanoma, so limit sun exposure and protect any exposed skin. Being diagnosed with and treated for polypoid melanoma may cause emotional distress, so take advantage of resources like support groups to help you cope with emotional challenges of the disease.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Why is melanoma the most common form of cancer in young adults?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Melanoma is the most common form of cancer in people aged 25 to 29 and second (to Hodgkin's lymphoma...
Is melanoma serious?
Melanoma can be very serious if it's not detected and treated in its early stages. When detected ear...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?