How do I manage my nodular melanoma on a daily basis?

To manage your nodular melanoma daily, it is important to follow treatment advice from your doctors. Usually, treatment will involve the immediate removal of the growth and surrounding tissue, but it may involve other treatments like chemotherapy or radiation therapy. Continue to follow your doctor's advice throughout the course of treatment. Once you have been treated, you must follow up regularly with your doctor to make sure the cancer has not come back or spread. Continue doing self-checks for any unusual new skin growths. It is also important to protect your skin if you have had nodular melanoma, so limit sun exposure and protect any exposed skin. Being diagnosed with and treated for nodular melanoma may cause emotional distress, so take advantage of resources like support groups to help you cope with the emotional challenges of the disease.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

5 Different Skin Spots and What They May Mean
The statistics on skin cancer are shocking: More than 1 in 5 Americans will develop it by age 70, and more than one person dies of skin cancer—usually...
Can children get melanoma?
Dr. Ellen S. Marmur, MDDr. Ellen S. Marmur, MD
Melanoma can - and does - occur in every age group. It is uncommon, but children do get skin cancer....
Where does melanoma occur?
Peter C. Fisher, MDPeter C. Fisher, MD
The most deadly form of skin cancer is melanoma. In men, it is seen most commonly on the belly (abdo...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?