How do I manage my nodular melanoma on a daily basis?

To manage your nodular melanoma daily, it is important to follow treatment advice from your doctors. Usually, treatment will involve the immediate removal of the growth and surrounding tissue, but it may involve other treatments like chemotherapy or radiation therapy. Continue to follow your doctor's advice throughout the course of treatment. Once you have been treated, you must follow up regularly with your doctor to make sure the cancer has not come back or spread. Continue doing self-checks for any unusual new skin growths. It is also important to protect your skin if you have had nodular melanoma, so limit sun exposure and protect any exposed skin. Being diagnosed with and treated for nodular melanoma may cause emotional distress, so take advantage of resources like support groups to help you cope with the emotional challenges of the disease.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Why is melanoma the most common form of cancer in young adults?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Melanoma is the most common form of cancer in people aged 25 to 29 and second (to Hodgkin's lymphoma...
What is melanoma?
Dr. Arthur W. Perry, MDDr. Arthur W. Perry, MD
Melanomas are the most ominous type of skin cancer. They can grow spontaneously or can arise from mo...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?