How do I manage my nodular melanoma on a daily basis?

To manage your nodular melanoma daily, it is important to follow treatment advice from your doctors. Usually, treatment will involve the immediate removal of the growth and surrounding tissue, but it may involve other treatments like chemotherapy or radiation therapy. Continue to follow your doctor's advice throughout the course of treatment. Once you have been treated, you must follow up regularly with your doctor to make sure the cancer has not come back or spread. Continue doing self-checks for any unusual new skin growths. It is also important to protect your skin if you have had nodular melanoma, so limit sun exposure and protect any exposed skin. Being diagnosed with and treated for nodular melanoma may cause emotional distress, so take advantage of resources like support groups to help you cope with the emotional challenges of the disease.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Got Ulcerative Colitis? Make Sure to Protect Your Skin
As if dealing with diarrhea, stomach pain and fatigue wasn’t hard enough, there’s another major concern for people with ulcerative colitis, a type of ...
What is amelanotic melanoma?
Amelanotic melanoma is a type of melanoma, which is a skin cancer. Like most melanomas, amelanotic m...
What factors affect my prognosis with melanoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on the following:The stage of melano...
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?