How do I manage my mucosal melanoma on a daily basis?

If you have been diagnosed with mucosal melanoma, it's very important to follow treatment advice from your doctors. Usually, treatment will involve the immediate removal of the melanoma growth and sometimes chemotherapy. Once you've been treated, you must follow up frequently with your doctor to make sure the melanoma hasn't spread. In some cases, by the time mucosal melanoma is diagnosed, it may have already advanced beyond treatment. It's important to find emotional support for the mental distress that may be caused by this kind of prognosis, so take advantage of support groups and counseling.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Coffee Beats Skin Cancer Two Ways
Coffee Beats Skin Cancer Two Ways
Could your morning cup of joe beat back skin cancer? It might. And it seems you may get equal protection from your java whether you sip it or slather ...
Can I develop melanoma on parts of my body that do not get sun?
While it's most common for melanomas to develop on areas of skin that are exposed to the sun, it's p...
What is melanoma?
Melanoma is the least common but most aggressive of the three most common types of skin cancer. Mela...
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?