How do I manage my mucosal melanoma on a daily basis?

If you have been diagnosed with mucosal melanoma, it's very important to follow treatment advice from your doctors. Usually, treatment will involve the immediate removal of the melanoma growth and sometimes chemotherapy. Once you've been treated, you must follow up frequently with your doctor to make sure the melanoma hasn't spread. In some cases, by the time mucosal melanoma is diagnosed, it may have already advanced beyond treatment. It's important to find emotional support for the mental distress that may be caused by this kind of prognosis, so take advantage of support groups and counseling.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Can I develop melanoma on parts of my body that do not get sun?
While it's most common for melanomas to develop on areas of skin that are exposed to the sun, it's p...
What is the survival rate for melanoma of the foot?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Since melanoma of the foot is usually noticed late by patients, and more likely to be misdiagnos...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?