How do I manage my lentigo maligna melanoma on a daily basis?

To manage your lentigo maligna melanoma daily, it's very important to follow treatment advice from your doctors. Treatment may involve a one-time surgery, or it may involve more intensive treatments like cryotherapy, radiation, or chemotherapy. Make sure you continue to follow your doctor's advice throughout the course of treatment. Once you've been treated, you must follow up regularly with your doctor to make sure the cancer hasn't come back or spread. It's especially important to protect your skin if you've had lentigo maligna melanoma, so limit sun exposure and protect any exposed skin with strong sunscreen and protective clothing. Lentigo maligna melanoma may be a frightening diagnosis that can cause emotional distress, so take advantage of resources like support groups and counseling to help you cope with the emotional challenges of the disease.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What a Dermatologist Wants You To Know About Skin Cancer
The rate of new cases of melanoma—the most dangerous form of skin cancer—have more than tripled since 1975, according to data from the National Cancer...
Why is melanoma the most common form of cancer in young adults?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Melanoma is the most common form of cancer in people aged 25 to 29 and second (to Hodgkin's lymphoma...
What are the treatment options for stage 4 melanoma?
Treatment for stage 4 melanoma is usually more aggressive than earlier stages, because the cancer ha...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?