How do I manage my lentigo maligna melanoma on a daily basis?

To manage your lentigo maligna melanoma daily, it's very important to follow treatment advice from your doctors. Treatment may involve a one-time surgery, or it may involve more intensive treatments like cryotherapy, radiation, or chemotherapy. Make sure you continue to follow your doctor's advice throughout the course of treatment. Once you've been treated, you must follow up regularly with your doctor to make sure the cancer hasn't come back or spread. It's especially important to protect your skin if you've had lentigo maligna melanoma, so limit sun exposure and protect any exposed skin with strong sunscreen and protective clothing. Lentigo maligna melanoma may be a frightening diagnosis that can cause emotional distress, so take advantage of resources like support groups and counseling to help you cope with the emotional challenges of the disease.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What is malignant melanoma?
By far the deadliest form of skin cancer, malignant melanoma begins in the melanocytes, the cell...
Can children get melanoma?
Jill Onesti, MDJill Onesti, MD
It is very rare for children to develop melanoma, however it is possible. If you have a family histo...
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?