How do I manage my desmoplastic melanoma on a daily basis?

Managing your desmoplastic melanoma daily involves caring for your physical and emotional health. Once you're diagnosed, it's very important to follow treatment advice from your doctors. Usually, treatment will involve the immediate removal of the growth and surrounding tissue, but it may involve other treatments like chemotherapy or radiation therapy. Once you've been treated, follow up regularly with your doctor to make sure the cancer hasn't come back or spread. It's crucial to continue doing self-checks for any unusual new skin growths, especially because desmoplastic melanoma has a high rate of recurrence in the spot where it first formed. It's also important to protect your skin if you've had desmoplastic melanoma, so limit sun exposure and protect any exposed skin. Diagnosis and treatment for desmoplastic melanoma can be a scary experience, so take advantage of resources like support groups to help you cope with emotional challenges of the disease.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What do I need to know about caring for someone with melanoma?
If you are caring for someone with melanoma, it is very important to help that person follow medical...
Can I develop melanoma on parts of my body that do not get sun?
While it's most common for melanomas to develop on areas of skin that are exposed to the sun, it's p...
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?