How do I manage my amelanotic melanoma on a daily basis?

Managing your amelanotic melanoma daily involves caring for your physical and emotional health. If you've been diagnosed with amelanotic melanoma, it's important to follow treatment advice from your doctors. Once you've been treated, you must follow up frequently with your doctor to make sure the melanoma hasn't come back or spread. It's crucial to continue doing self-checks for any unusual new skin growths, especially because amelanotic melanoma often has a high rate of recurrence in the same spot. You also need to protect your skin if you've had amelanotic melanoma, so limit sun exposure and protect any exposed skin. Diagnosis and treatment for amelanotic melanoma can cause a lot of stress, so take advantage of resources like support groups to help you cope with emotional challenges.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Is melanoma serious?
Melanoma can be very serious if it's not detected and treated in its early stages. When detected ear...
What is malignant melanoma?
By far the deadliest form of skin cancer, malignant melanoma begins in the melanocytes, the cell...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?