How do I manage my amelanotic melanoma on a daily basis?

Managing your amelanotic melanoma daily involves caring for your physical and emotional health. If you've been diagnosed with amelanotic melanoma, it's important to follow treatment advice from your doctors. Once you've been treated, you must follow up frequently with your doctor to make sure the melanoma hasn't come back or spread. It's crucial to continue doing self-checks for any unusual new skin growths, especially because amelanotic melanoma often has a high rate of recurrence in the same spot. You also need to protect your skin if you've had amelanotic melanoma, so limit sun exposure and protect any exposed skin. Diagnosis and treatment for amelanotic melanoma can cause a lot of stress, so take advantage of resources like support groups to help you cope with emotional challenges.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Melanoma Diagnosis More Deadly for Men than Women
Looks like science has found another reason for guys to slather on the sunscreen—according to a study, young men are 55 percent more likely to die fro...
What is the survival rate for melanoma of the foot?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Since melanoma of the foot is usually noticed late by patients, and more likely to be misdiagnos...
What is amelanotic melanoma?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Amelanotic melanoma is a type of melanoma, which is a skin cancer. Like most melanomas, amelanotic m...
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?