How do I manage my acral lentiginous melanoma on a daily basis?

To manage acral lentiginous melanoma daily, it's important to follow treatment advice from your doctors. Usually, treatment will involve the immediate removal of the growth and surrounding tissue, but it may involve other treatments like chemotherapy or radiation therapy. Once you've been treated, you must follow up regularly with your doctor to make sure the cancer hasn't come back or spread. Continue doing self-checks for any unusual new skin growths. Being diagnosed with and treated for advanced acral lentiginous melanoma may cause emotional distress, so take advantage of resources like support groups to help you cope with emotional challenges of the disease.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Want the Best Sunscreen? What You Need to Know
Summer's here. And who isn't cheering? But before you spin vintage Beach Boys vinyl or park your towel in a sunny spot, we have a public service annou...
What are the treatment options for stage 4 melanoma?
Treatment for stage 4 melanoma is usually more aggressive than earlier stages, because the cancer ha...
What are the treatment options for uveal melanoma?
Treatment options for uveal melanoma depend on several factors, including the size and location of t...
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?