How do I manage my acral lentiginous melanoma on a daily basis?

To manage acral lentiginous melanoma daily, it's important to follow treatment advice from your doctors. Usually, treatment will involve the immediate removal of the growth and surrounding tissue, but it may involve other treatments like chemotherapy or radiation therapy. Once you've been treated, you must follow up regularly with your doctor to make sure the cancer hasn't come back or spread. Continue doing self-checks for any unusual new skin growths. Being diagnosed with and treated for advanced acral lentiginous melanoma may cause emotional distress, so take advantage of resources like support groups to help you cope with emotional challenges of the disease.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Got Ulcerative Colitis? Make Sure to Protect Your Skin
As if dealing with diarrhea, stomach pain and fatigue wasn’t hard enough, there’s another major concern for people with ulcerative colitis, a type of ...
What is malignant melanoma?
By far the deadliest form of skin cancer, malignant melanoma begins in the melanocytes, the cell...
What are the treatment options for stage 4 melanoma?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Treatment for stage 4 melanoma is usually more aggressive than earlier stages, because the cancer ha...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?