How common is soft tissue melanoma?

In general, soft tissue melanoma is very rare. It most commonly affects young adults between the ages of 20 and 40, and most commonly develops in tendons in the legs. Soft tissue melanoma, or clear cell sarcoma, accounts for a very small percentage of soft tissue sarcomas.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Coffee Beats Skin Cancer Two Ways
Coffee Beats Skin Cancer Two Ways
Could your morning cup of joe beat back skin cancer? It might. And it seems you may get equal protection from your java whether you sip it or slather ...
How are melanoma cells different from other cancer cells?
Philip A. Friedlander, MDPhilip A. Friedlander, MD
Melanoma cells can be hard to eradicate—and even after successful treatment, risk of recurrence rema...
What is the survival rate for melanoma of the foot?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Since melanoma of the foot is usually noticed late by patients, and more likely to be misdiagnos...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?