How common is polypoid melanoma?

Polypoid melanoma is a relatively uncommon subtype of nodular melanoma. It's difficult to determine the exact number of cases of polypoid melanoma since it's a rare subtype of nodular melanoma. Nodular melanoma is the second most common type of melanoma. In all, there are about 60,000 new cases of melanoma diagnosed each year in the United States. Nodular melanoma accounts for about 15% of those melanoma cases. Talk to your doctor if you think you have symptoms of polypoid melanoma.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Want the Best Sunscreen? What You Need to Know
Summer's here. And who isn't cheering? But before you spin vintage Beach Boys vinyl or park your towel in a sunny spot, we have a public service annou...
How can I reduce my risk of dying from melanoma?
If you want to cut your risk of fatal melanoma, make an appointment with the mirror. Research sh...
What are the treatment options for uveal melanoma?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Treatment options for uveal melanoma depend on several factors, including the size and location of t...
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?