How common is lentigo maligna melanoma?

Lentigo maligna melanoma is the least common type of melanoma. In all, there are about 60,000 new cases of melanoma diagnosed each year in the United States. Lentigo maligna melanoma accounts for between 4% and 15% of those melanoma cases. It's most common in older people, usually those in their 60s and 70s. Talk to your doctor if you have symptoms that may be caused by lentigo maligna melanoma.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What is the survival rate for melanoma of the foot?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Since melanoma of the foot is usually noticed late by patients, and more likely to be misdiagnos...
Is melanoma serious?
Melanoma can be very serious if it's not detected and treated in its early stages. When detected ear...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?