How common is uveal melanoma?

In general, uveal melanoma is relatively rare. However, it's the most common type of eye cancer that affects adults. In the United States, only about 4.3 new cases of any type of eye melanoma are diagnosed for every million people. Uveal melanoma is most common in Caucasian people over the age of 70. Talk to your doctor if you think you have symptoms of uveal melanoma.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

How are melanoma cells different from other cancer cells?
Philip A. Friedlander, MDPhilip A. Friedlander, MD
Melanoma cells can be hard to eradicate—and even after successful treatment, risk of recurrence rema...
Is melanoma serious?
Melanoma can be very serious if it's not detected and treated in its early stages. When detected ear...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?