How common is nodular melanoma?

Nodular melanoma is the second most common type of melanoma. In all, there are about 60,000 new cases of melanoma diagnosed each year in the United States. Nodular melanoma accounts for about 15% of those melanoma cases. It's most common in males over the age of 50. Talk to your doctor if you think you have symptoms of nodular melanoma.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

How common is melanoma?
Jenny C. Hu, MDJenny C. Hu, MD
About one American dies of melanoma almost every hour, and one in 69 people will be diagnosed with t...
What is the survival rate for melanoma of the foot?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Since melanoma of the foot is usually noticed late by patients, and more likely to be misdiagnos...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?