How common is nodular melanoma?

Nodular melanoma is the second most common type of melanoma. In all, there are about 60,000 new cases of melanoma diagnosed each year in the United States. Nodular melanoma accounts for about 15% of those melanoma cases. It's most common in males over the age of 50. Talk to your doctor if you think you have symptoms of nodular melanoma.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

5 Different Skin Spots and What They May Mean
The statistics on skin cancer are shocking: More than 1 in 5 Americans will develop it by age 70, and more than one person dies of skin cancer—usually...
How often should I have my skin checked for melanoma?
Alice DomarAlice Domar
There is no good data proving that skin checks reduce the risk of death by melanoma, so whether ...
Can children get melanoma?
Dr. Stuart A. Linder, MDDr. Stuart A. Linder, MD
Unfortunately, even childhood melanoma can occur and is on the Rise. This may be associated with a d...
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?