How common is mucosal melanoma?

Mucosal melanoma is a relatively rare form of melanoma. About 53,000 people in the United States are diagnosed with melanoma each year, but of all melanomas, only about 2% to 3% of the cases are mucosal melanoma. The most common types of mucosal melanoma are found in the nose, mouth, and nasal or oral cavities.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

How common is melanoma?
Jenny C. Hu, MDJenny C. Hu, MD
About one American dies of melanoma almost every hour, and one in 69 people will be diagnosed with t...
Is melanoma serious?
Melanoma can be very serious if it's not detected and treated in its early stages. When detected ear...
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?