What do I need to know about caring for someone with uveal melanoma?

If you are caring for someone with uveal melanoma, you should do your best to help that person follow medical advice from their doctors. Help support them both physically and emotionally during treatment. This is especially important if the treatment involves removal of the eye, since that can have a significant effect on their vision and their appearance. Severe physical effects may also affect their emotional and mental health, so help find support groups or counseling if it will be beneficial for your loved one. After treatment, ensure they see their doctor for frequent screenings to make sure the cancer hasn't spread or returned. It's very important to be aware of the physical and emotional pain that may be a result of uveal melanoma.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What determines how deep melanoma is?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The Clark levels are used to describe how deep the melanoma has spread into the skin:     • Lev...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with melanoma?
If you are caring for someone with melanoma, it is very important to help that person follow medical...
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?