What do I need to know about caring for someone with nodular melanoma?

If you are caring for someone with nodular melanoma, it's important to care for your loved one both physically and emotionally. Help the person follow medical advice from their doctors during and after treatment, especially if treatment involves chemotherapy or radiation therapy. After treatment, ensure that they see their doctor for frequent check-ups to make sure the cancer hasn't come back. It's also very important to support them emotionally, because nodular melanoma may cause emotional distress. If it's helpful, encourage them to seek counseling or join a support group to cope with nodular melanoma's emotional effects.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Hugh Jackman Skin Cancer Scare: “Get Yourself Checked!”
You may have seen the picture Hugh Jackman posted of himself on Instagram with a bandage over his nose. Movie stunt gone wrong? Far from it -- it’s a...
What are the symptoms of melanoma?
Symptoms of melanoma are growths on the skin. These growths usually appear as a change in a mole tha...
What are the different types of melanoma?
Ross M. Levy, MDRoss M. Levy, MD
Melanoma is cancer of the pigment-producing cells of your body, which are also known as melanocytes....
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?