What do I need to know about caring for someone with nodular melanoma?

If you are caring for someone with nodular melanoma, it's important to care for your loved one both physically and emotionally. Help the person follow medical advice from their doctors during and after treatment, especially if treatment involves chemotherapy or radiation therapy. After treatment, ensure that they see their doctor for frequent check-ups to make sure the cancer hasn't come back. It's also very important to support them emotionally, because nodular melanoma may cause emotional distress. If it's helpful, encourage them to seek counseling or join a support group to cope with nodular melanoma's emotional effects.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What are the different types of melanoma?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
The most common form of melanoma is superficial spreading. It represents 70% of all cases as it spre...
Where does melanoma occur?
Peter C. Fisher, MDPeter C. Fisher, MD
The most deadly form of skin cancer is melanoma. In men, it is seen most commonly on the belly (abdo...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?