What do I need to know about caring for someone with mucosal melanoma?

If you are caring for someone with mucosal melanoma, it's important to help that person both physically and emotionally. During treatment, help them follow medical advice from their doctors. After treatment, ensure they see their doctor for regular screenings to make sure the cancer hasn't spread. Sometimes, emotional support can be even more important than physical support. This is especially true if mucosal melanoma has advanced too far to respond much to treatment. Make sure you help them with the emotional and mental challenges that may be an effect of this kind of prognosis.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Where You’re Not Applying Sunscreen—But Should
Think you’re covered when it comes to sunscreen? Surprise: most of us aren’t using it appropriately. One study showed that most people apply only 25-5...
What factors affect my prognosis with melanoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on the following:The stage of melano...
Is melanoma serious?
Melanoma can be very serious if it's not detected and treated in its early stages. When detected ear...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?