What do I need to know about caring for someone with desmoplastic melanoma?

In order to best care for someone with desmoplastic melanoma, it's important to provide both physical and emotional support. Help make sure they follow medical advice from their doctors during treatment. After treatment, ensure that they see their doctor for frequent check-ups to make sure the cancer hasn't come back. Reinforce the importance of doing self-checks on their skin, since desmoplastic melanoma may return to the same place. It's also very important to support your loved one emotionally, because desmoplastic melanoma may cause emotional distress.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Ask the Expert: Breaking Down SPF
Ask the Expert: Breaking Down SPF
We all know that wearing sunscreen is one of the best ways to protect ourselves from skin cancer, especially if we’re headed out for a long day in the...
What factors affect my prognosis with melanoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on the following:The stage of melano...
Is melanoma serious?
Melanoma can be very serious if it's not detected and treated in its early stages. When detected ear...
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?