What do I need to know about caring for someone with desmoplastic melanoma?

In order to best care for someone with desmoplastic melanoma, it's important to provide both physical and emotional support. Help make sure they follow medical advice from their doctors during treatment. After treatment, ensure that they see their doctor for frequent check-ups to make sure the cancer hasn't come back. Reinforce the importance of doing self-checks on their skin, since desmoplastic melanoma may return to the same place. It's also very important to support your loved one emotionally, because desmoplastic melanoma may cause emotional distress.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

How does melanoma spread?
Ross M. Levy, MDRoss M. Levy, MD
The ability of a melanoma to spread is dependent on a number of factors, some of which we know a...
What are the treatment options for uveal melanoma?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Treatment options for uveal melanoma depend on several factors, including the size and location of t...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?