What should I know about caring for someone with lentigo maligna melanoma?

If you are caring for someone with lentigo maligna melanoma, it's important to help that person take care of their physical and emotional health. Help them follow medical advice from their doctors regarding treatment and follow-up care. Ensure they see their doctor for regular screenings to make sure the cancer hasn't come back or spread. Also, encourage them to protect their skin by using sunscreen and protective clothing. Remember that lentigo maligna melanoma can cause emotional distress in addition to the physical symptoms, so help support your loved one emotionally as they cope with the disease's challenges.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

5 Different Skin Spots and What They May Mean
The statistics on skin cancer are shocking: More than 1 in 5 Americans will develop it by age 70, and more than one person dies of skin cancer—usually...
How often should I have my skin checked for melanoma?
Alice DomarAlice Domar
There is no good data proving that skin checks reduce the risk of death by melanoma, so whether ...
Why is melanoma the most common form of cancer in young adults?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Melanoma is the most common form of cancer in people aged 25 to 29 and second (to Hodgkin's lymphoma...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?