What should I know about caring for someone with lentigo maligna melanoma?

If you are caring for someone with lentigo maligna melanoma, it's important to help that person take care of their physical and emotional health. Help them follow medical advice from their doctors regarding treatment and follow-up care. Ensure they see their doctor for regular screenings to make sure the cancer hasn't come back or spread. Also, encourage them to protect their skin by using sunscreen and protective clothing. Remember that lentigo maligna melanoma can cause emotional distress in addition to the physical symptoms, so help support your loved one emotionally as they cope with the disease's challenges.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Where does melanoma occur?
Peter C. Fisher, MDPeter C. Fisher, MD
The most deadly form of skin cancer is melanoma. In men, it is seen most commonly on the belly (abdo...
How can I reduce my risk of dying from melanoma?
If you want to cut your risk of fatal melanoma, make an appointment with the mirror. Research sh...
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?