What should I know to care for someone with acral lentiginous melanoma?

If you are caring for someone with acral lentiginous melanoma, it's important to care for your loved one both physically and emotionally. Help the person follow medical advice from their doctors during and after treatment, especially if treatment involves complicated surgery or chemotherapy. After treatment, ensure that they see their doctor for frequent check-ups to make sure the cancer hasn't come back or spread. It's also very important to support them emotionally, because coping with acral lentiginous melanoma may cause emotional distress.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What are my chances of surviving melanoma?
Jill Onesti, MDJill Onesti, MD
The chance of surviving melanoma depends on how early the melanoma is discovered. Thin melanomas, ty...
What are the different types of melanoma?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
The most common form of melanoma is superficial spreading. It represents 70% of all cases as it spre...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?