What should I know to care for someone with acral lentiginous melanoma?

If you are caring for someone with acral lentiginous melanoma, it's important to care for your loved one both physically and emotionally. Help the person follow medical advice from their doctors during and after treatment, especially if treatment involves complicated surgery or chemotherapy. After treatment, ensure that they see their doctor for frequent check-ups to make sure the cancer hasn't come back or spread. It's also very important to support them emotionally, because coping with acral lentiginous melanoma may cause emotional distress.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Want the Best Sunscreen? What You Need to Know
Summer's here. And who isn't cheering? But before you spin vintage Beach Boys vinyl or park your towel in a sunny spot, we have a public service annou...
What is melanoma?
Melanoma is the least common but most aggressive of the three most common types of skin cancer. Mela...
Can children get melanoma?
Dr. Stuart A. Linder, MDDr. Stuart A. Linder, MD
Unfortunately, even childhood melanoma can occur and is on the Rise. This may be associated with a d...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?