Is there a cure for soft tissue melanoma?

Unfortunately, there is no guaranteed cure for soft tissue melanoma. However, treatment may be successful if the cancer is caught early. The most effective treatment usually includes surgical removal of the tumor and some surrounding tissue, followed by radiation therapy or chemotherapy to kill any cancerous cells that may be left after surgery. Because early diagnosis and treatment are so crucial, it's important to talk to a doctor right away if you notice any symptoms that may be caused by soft tissue melanoma

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Does Where You Live Affect Your Melanoma Risk?
Worried about skin cancer? If you’re debating whether to wear a hat or apply sunscreen before heading outside—go ahead and do it. A 2020 study in the ...
Where does melanoma occur?
Jenny C. Hu, MDJenny C. Hu, MD
Men tend to get melanomas on the trunk, back and chest areas. Women tend to get melanomas on the leg...
How can I reduce my risk of dying from melanoma?
If you want to cut your risk of fatal melanoma, make an appointment with the mirror. Research sh...
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?