Is there a cure for soft tissue melanoma?

Unfortunately, there is no guaranteed cure for soft tissue melanoma. However, treatment may be successful if the cancer is caught early. The most effective treatment usually includes surgical removal of the tumor and some surrounding tissue, followed by radiation therapy or chemotherapy to kill any cancerous cells that may be left after surgery. Because early diagnosis and treatment are so crucial, it's important to talk to a doctor right away if you notice any symptoms that may be caused by soft tissue melanoma

Continue Learning about Melanoma

How common is melanoma?
Jenny C. Hu, MDJenny C. Hu, MD
About one American dies of melanoma almost every hour, and one in 69 people will be diagnosed with t...
Can melanoma occur on the feet?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
The last place you might think to check for a suspicious mole is the soles of your feet, but mos...
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?