Should I talk to my doctor about my soft tissue melanoma symptoms?

If you're experiencing any symptoms of soft tissue melanoma, you should talk to your doctor. Usually, the most noticeable symptom is a lump, often on your leg. The lump may be painful, and it may not go away or may even continue to grow. These symptoms may be caused by another condition, but if they're worrisome, it's important to talk to your doctor. This is especially important because soft tissue melanoma can spread through the body very quickly.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Melanoma Diagnosis More Deadly for Men than Women
Looks like science has found another reason for guys to slather on the sunscreen—according to a study, young men are 55 percent more likely to die fro...
How often should I have my skin checked for melanoma?
Alice DomarAlice Domar
There is no good data proving that skin checks reduce the risk of death by melanoma, so whether ...
How does melanoma spread?
Ross M. Levy, MDRoss M. Levy, MD
The ability of a melanoma to spread is dependent on a number of factors, some of which we know a...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?