Should I talk to my doctor about my soft tissue melanoma symptoms?

If you're experiencing any symptoms of soft tissue melanoma, you should talk to your doctor. Usually, the most noticeable symptom is a lump, often on your leg. The lump may be painful, and it may not go away or may even continue to grow. These symptoms may be caused by another condition, but if they're worrisome, it's important to talk to your doctor. This is especially important because soft tissue melanoma can spread through the body very quickly.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Want the Best Sunscreen? What You Need to Know
Summer's here. And who isn't cheering? But before you spin vintage Beach Boys vinyl or park your towel in a sunny spot, we have a public service annou...
Can melanoma occur on the feet?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
The last place you might think to check for a suspicious mole is the soles of your feet, but mos...
What determines how deep melanoma is?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The Clark levels are used to describe how deep the melanoma has spread into the skin:     • Lev...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?