Can children get soft tissue melanoma?

It may be possible for children to develop soft tissue melanoma. Usually, this cancer affects young adults between the ages of 20 and 40. However, it's possible for it to affect people of any age, including children and teenagers. In various studies, children as young as 9 have been diagnosed with and treated for soft tissue melanoma.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Can I develop melanoma on parts of my body that do not get sun?
While it's most common for melanomas to develop on areas of skin that are exposed to the sun, it's p...
Is melanoma serious?
Melanoma can be very serious if it's not detected and treated in its early stages. When detected ear...
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?