What should I know about caring for someone with soft tissue melanoma?

Caring for someone with soft tissue melanoma, or clear cell sarcoma, involves supporting them in whatever ways you can. Treatment can be physically draining, so it's important to care for their overall health by providing a nutritious diet and making sure they get enough rest. Encourage them to be as active as possible without putting too much strain on themselves. Provide as much emotional support as you can throughout the challenging recovery process. It's also important to take care of yourself, because you need to have the physical and emotional strength to support your loved one.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What are the different types of melanoma?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
The most common form of melanoma is superficial spreading. It represents 70% of all cases as it spre...
How common is melanoma?
Jenny C. Hu, MDJenny C. Hu, MD
About one American dies of melanoma almost every hour, and one in 69 people will be diagnosed with t...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?