Can polypoid melanoma be prevented?

Though not much is known about its specific causes, there are some things you can do to help prevent polypoid melanoma. Because polypoid melanoma may be related to sun exposure, you should limit the time you spend in the sun. If you can't avoid sun exposure, make sure you wear sunscreen with a high sun protection factor (SPF) that blocks both UVA and UVB rays. Also, make sure to check your skin often - everyone should look out for new skin growths on their own body, but people at a high risk for melanoma should see a doctor for frequent skin screenings. Don't be afraid to see your doctor about something that seems harmless - if you notice anything unusual on your skin where there was nothing before, it's best to see your doctor.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Can melanoma occur on the feet?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
The last place you might think to check for a suspicious mole is the soles of your feet, but mos...
How can I reduce my risk of dying from melanoma?
If you want to cut your risk of fatal melanoma, make an appointment with the mirror. Research sh...
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?