Can children get amelanotic melanoma?

Any kind of melanoma is very rare among children, and this is true for amelanotic melanoma as well. In general, older people are affected by all types of melanoma much more often than children. It may be possible for younger people to develop amelanotic melanoma, but this is usually not the case.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Got Ulcerative Colitis? Make Sure to Protect Your Skin
As if dealing with diarrhea, stomach pain and fatigue wasn’t hard enough, there’s another major concern for people with ulcerative colitis, a type of ...
What are the treatment options for stage 4 melanoma?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Treatment for stage 4 melanoma is usually more aggressive than earlier stages, because the cancer ha...
Can I develop melanoma on parts of my body that do not get sun?
While it's most common for melanomas to develop on areas of skin that are exposed to the sun, it's p...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?