Can children get amelanotic melanoma?

Any kind of melanoma is very rare among children, and this is true for amelanotic melanoma as well. In general, older people are affected by all types of melanoma much more often than children. It may be possible for younger people to develop amelanotic melanoma, but this is usually not the case.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Where does melanoma occur?
Peter C. Fisher, MDPeter C. Fisher, MD
The most deadly form of skin cancer is melanoma. In men, it is seen most commonly on the belly (abdo...
What factors affect my prognosis with melanoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on the following:The stage of melano...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?