Can a blood test detect unseen melanomas?

Currently there are no reliable blood tests to detect melanoma. The best thing you can do is stay out of the sun, use sunscreen, perform regular skin exams, and see your dermatologist.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What You Need to Know About Skin Cancer
What You Need to Know About Skin Cancer
Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer in the United States and the most treatable, if caught early. There are several types of skin cancer. We...
Is melanoma serious?
Melanoma can be very serious if it's not detected and treated in its early stages. When detected ear...
What are the symptoms of melanoma?
Symptoms of melanoma are growths on the skin. These growths usually appear as a change in a mole tha...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?