How do I care for someone with medullary thyroid cancer?

Caring for someone with medullary thyroid cancer depends on what stage they are in the illness. People newly diagnosed cases will need care after surgery, as well as support for dealing with the disease. It is important for people with cancer to eat well and keep up their strength. Participating in a support group may also be helpful. Medullary thyroid cancer is can spread to the liver, lungs, and bone, so it is important to be supportive and encourage the person to bring any concerns or changes in their health to their doctor.

Continue Learning about Medullary Thyroid Cancer

What are the treatment options for medullary thyroid cancer?
American Association of Endocrine SurgeonsAmerican Association of Endocrine Surgeons
The best treatment for medullary thyroid cancer (MTC) is surgery to completely remove all disease in...
What causes medullary thyroid cancer?
James Lee, MDJames Lee, MD
The biggest risk factor for medullary thyroid cancer is a family history of medullary thyroid cancer...
How is medullary thyroid cancer diagnosed?
Physicians typically diagnose medullary thyroid cancer with a test to measure the level of serum cal...
What should I ask my doctor after a diagnosis of medullary thyroid cancer?
After a diagnosis of medullary thyroid cancer, there are many questions you can ask your doctor. It ...