What should I ask my doctor after a diagnosis of medullary thyroid cancer?

After a diagnosis of medullary thyroid cancer, there are many questions you can ask your doctor. It is important for you to know what stage your cancer is in, as well as the treatment options available. As your doctor outlines your options, be sure to ask what the risks involved are, as well as the benefits. Because surgery is the preferred way to treat this type of cancer, find out your recovery time and what will be involved. Take any brochures and information your physician has about medullary thyroid cancer. It is also a good idea to make sure you can contact your doctor if your symptoms get worse.

Continue Learning about Medullary Thyroid Cancer

How do medications treat medullary thyroid cancer?
Medullary thyroid cancer is typically not treated with medications. This form of cancer is treated w...
Can medullary thyroid cancer be prevented?
There may not be any way to prevent medullary thyroid cancer; however, if you have a family genetic ...
What if medullary thyroid cancer runs in my family?
One of the risk factors for medullary thyroid cancer is if the disease runs in your family. If that ...
How common is medullary thyroid cancer?
Medullary thyroid cancer accounts for about three percent of all the people diagnosed with thyroid c...