What should I ask my doctor after a diagnosis of medullary thyroid cancer?

After a diagnosis of medullary thyroid cancer, there are many questions you can ask your doctor. It is important for you to know what stage your cancer is in, as well as the treatment options available. As your doctor outlines your options, be sure to ask what the risks involved are, as well as the benefits. Because surgery is the preferred way to treat this type of cancer, find out your recovery time and what will be involved. Take any brochures and information your physician has about medullary thyroid cancer. It is also a good idea to make sure you can contact your doctor if your symptoms get worse.

Continue Learning about Medullary Thyroid Cancer

How do I manage my medullary thyroid cancer on a daily basis?
Living with medullary thyroid cancer can be stressful. Ask your doctor to help you get as much infor...
Is medullary thyroid cancer serious?
Medullary thyroid cancer is a serious disease that is difficult to treat. One of the most uncommon f...
What causes medullary thyroid cancer?
James Lee, MDJames Lee, MD
The biggest risk factor for medullary thyroid cancer is a family history of medullary thyroid cancer...
What increases my risk for medullary thyroid cancer?
The risk factors for developing medullary thyroid cancer are few and specific. People who have a gen...