Are there alternative treatments for medullary thyroid cancer?

Because this form of cancer is so aggressive and the prognosis fairly poor, there are no currently known alternative methods of treating the disease. Medullary thyroid cancer is most often treated with surgery. Drug therapies have proven to be not successful. People with medullary thyroid cancer can do things to help stay healthy after surgery and during drug therapies. Some ways include getting enough rest, eating a healthful diet, and finding time to get some exercise. Another option may be to talk to you physician about how to participate in an appropriate clinical trial.

Continue Learning about Medullary Thyroid Cancer

What should I ask my doctor after a diagnosis of medullary thyroid cancer?
After a diagnosis of medullary thyroid cancer, there are many questions you can ask your doctor. It ...
What is medullary thyroid cancer?
Medullary thyroid cancer is one form of cancer of the thyroid gland. The disease begins in the paraf...
What are the symptoms of medullary thyroid cancer?
The symptoms of medullary thyroid include pain in the neck when swallowing and a visible or easily d...
Who is most at risk for medullary thyroid cancer?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
About 20 percent of medullary thyroid cancer cases come from inheritance, as an abnormal gene (usual...