Should I talk to my doctor about my medullary thyroid cancer symptoms?

Symptoms of medullary thyroid cancer can be uncomfortable and include trouble breathing and swallowing and pain and swelling in the neck. It is important to let your doctor know that you are having symptoms. Other signs might include diarrhea, swelling of the lymph nodes, a gruffness or hoarseness to your voice, and coughing up blood.

Continue Learning about Medullary Thyroid Cancer

How common is medullary thyroid cancer?
Medullary thyroid cancer accounts for about three percent of all the people diagnosed with thyroid c...
What increases my risk for medullary thyroid cancer?
The risk factors for developing medullary thyroid cancer are few and specific. People who have a gen...
How do medications treat medullary thyroid cancer?
Medullary thyroid cancer is typically not treated with medications. This form of cancer is treated w...
Can medullary thyroid cancer be prevented?
There may not be any way to prevent medullary thyroid cancer; however, if you have a family genetic ...