Should I talk to my doctor about my medullary thyroid cancer symptoms?

Symptoms of medullary thyroid cancer can be uncomfortable and include trouble breathing and swallowing and pain and swelling in the neck. It is important to let your doctor know that you are having symptoms. Other signs might include diarrhea, swelling of the lymph nodes, a gruffness or hoarseness to your voice, and coughing up blood.

Continue Learning about Medullary Thyroid Cancer

What are the symptoms of medullary thyroid cancer?
James Lee, MDJames Lee, MD
Most medullary thyroid cancers do not cause symptoms (i.e. they are asymptomatic). In fact, many pat...
How is medullary thyroid cancer diagnosed?
Physicians typically diagnose medullary thyroid cancer with a test to measure the level of serum cal...
Can medullary thyroid cancer be prevented?
There may not be any way to prevent medullary thyroid cancer; however, if you have a family genetic ...
What causes medullary thyroid cancer?
James Lee, MDJames Lee, MD
The biggest risk factor for medullary thyroid cancer is a family history of medullary thyroid cancer...