What should I know before I try meditation?

John Douillard, DC
Herbal Medicine
Before you try meditation, you should know that it’s never too early or too late to start transforming your life through this powerful practice. Whether you are an experienced meditator or have never meditated a day in your life, meditation can help shift outdated and often destructive behavioral patterns that are no longer serving you, and can help you to experience the truth of who you really are. 

Meditating is a powerful, simple, and profound technique for finding deep stillness and peace within yourself, and this inner calm and awareness can positively enhance all aspects of your life. I like to say, “We will only be content when we choose to be our True Self.” Meditation is an invaluable tool that can change your life by helping to connect you to your authentic, powerful, true self.

Continue Learning about Meditation

Why Meditation Makes You More Productive
Who has time for meditation or relaxation when you’re “crazy busy”? Many of us think of stress management practices as frivolous time away from work a...
Why do some people become anxious when they first learn to meditate?
Sheri Van DijkSheri Van Dijk
Working with people with mental health problems such as anxiety and depression, I occasionally have ...
How do I meditate?
Yogi Cameron AlborzianYogi Cameron Alborzian
In the Yogic tradition, meditation is considered a particularly high form of practice that has its p...
What's the Simplest Way to Start Meditating?