What should I know before I try meditation?

John Douillard, DC
Herbal Medicine
Before you try meditation, you should know that it’s never too early or too late to start transforming your life through this powerful practice. Whether you are an experienced meditator or have never meditated a day in your life, meditation can help shift outdated and often destructive behavioral patterns that are no longer serving you, and can help you to experience the truth of who you really are. 

Meditating is a powerful, simple, and profound technique for finding deep stillness and peace within yourself, and this inner calm and awareness can positively enhance all aspects of your life. I like to say, “We will only be content when we choose to be our True Self.” Meditation is an invaluable tool that can change your life by helping to connect you to your authentic, powerful, true self.

Continue Learning about Meditation

Do This for 7 Minutes Daily to Get Skinnier
Something as little as this daily 7-minute ritual might help you get skinny. In a study, dieters who spent about 7 minutes meditating each day experi...
How do I meditate?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
The steps of meditation are as follows:Assume a comfortable position and close your eyes.Take a few ...
How does meditation help relieve stress?
Did you know something as simple as sitting still can help your stress, sleep, blood pressure -- eve...
What Can I Do to Promote Feelings of Zen?