How can I use travel time to pray and meditate?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
Always travel with an inspirational book, meditation or prayer beads, journal or a shawl. When you get stuck in traffic, whether on a plane, train or in an automobile, you can choose to connect with your Source.

People have been using beads for praying and meditating since the beginning of humankind. Beads have a calming effect on us and help us focus. You can wrap yourself in a comfortable shawl, take some deep breaths, and pray or meditate as you slowly count off your beads. Meditate on a mantra or on inspiring words to comfort you and teach you how to live an intentional life.
Alter Your Life: Overbooked? Overworked? Overwhelmed?

Themes like “I just don’t have time” and “I’m exhausted” rule our lives today. We are overbooked, overworked and overwhelmed. Just getting done what must be done fills our days. The...

Continue Learning about Meditation

How to Meditate in Turbulent Times
How to Meditate in Turbulent Times
Updated on August 20, 2020 at 4:00pm EDT. Even in the best of times, life is a torrent of to-dos, obligations and stress. These days, when everyday t...
How can I use meditation to relieve stress?
John Douillard, DCJohn Douillard, DC
From an Ayurvedic standpoint, meditation can be used to relieve stress through mindfulness. A One-Mi...
How common is meditation?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
Ten million American adults now say they practice some form of meditation regularly. This is twi...
How Is Meditation Beneficial for Heart Health?