How can I practice active meditation?

Brooke Randolph
Marriage & Family Therapy
If active meditation is new to you, I suggest choosing a specific activity, rather than something you do on a regular basis. Go for a walk, jump rope, stretch, or find some other simple movement that works for you. Yoga can be a form of active meditation, depending on your focus. While you are practicing active meditation, focus on what you are doing, how your body feels as you perform that action, and the various sensations you are experiencing. Focus only on what you are doing and do not think about the future or the past. This is not the time to balance your checkbook or day dream about your next vacation. Noticing your breath and feeling your lungs fill with air is a great start to meditation and helpful in creating a calm body.

Continue Learning about Meditation

How Does a Busy Person Begin a Meditation Practice?
Many doctors, even those who are interested in nutrition and exercise, often view stress management techniques as being less important to good health....
Why do I need purification and energetic hygiene?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
A finely tuned race car is more prone to mechanical problems than the family station wagon, and the ...
How does meditation help relieve stress?
Did you know something as simple as sitting still can help your stress, sleep, blood pressure -- eve...
How Is Meditation Beneficial for Heart Health?