Will my insurance pay for my prescription for Chantix?

Chantix (varenicline) is covered by some health insurance providers. Read your carrier's policy and summary plan description to see if Chantix is covered by your insurer. You can also call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card to find out whether Chantix is covered under your policy.
Nina Evans
Pharmacy
Some insurance plans cover prescriptions for Chantix (varenicline), but many don't. Since quitting smoking is about the single best thing you can do for your heath, you'd think all insurance plans would cover these costs. But even among those that do cover Chantix and other quit-smoking medications, some put limits on the amount of money they will reimburse. Others only allow one prescription, but not a renewal. Check with your insurance company to find the details. Even if you're not covered by insurance, find a way to quit smoking. Talk to your doctor about your options.

Continue Learning about Dependency Agent

What should I know before taking varenicline?
Bupropion and varenicline have been shown to help people with schizophrenia quit smoking. But relaps...
What drugs may interact with varenicline?
Some patients who took varenicline along with nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) reported higher rat...
What is varenicline (Chantix)?
Varenicline (Chantix) is approved by the FDA to help people quit smoking. It is thought to reduce ni...
What are the side effects of varenicline?
Dr. Frank T. Leone, MDDr. Frank T. Leone, MD
Varenicline can be used to help you stop smoking, as it reduces the urge to smoke. However, it may c...