Where can I get nicotine-replacement medication (NRM)?

Nicotine-replacement medication (NRM) is one of the tools you can use to help you quit smoking. Nicotine gum, lozenges and the patch are available over the counter, while the nicotine nasal spray and inhaler are available by prescription only. If you are interested in beginning nicotine replacement, discuss with your physician or another qualified medical professional which form of the medication may work best for you.

Continue Learning about Dependency Agent

What is varenicline (Chantix)?
Varenicline (Chantix) is approved by the FDA to help people quit smoking. It is thought to reduce ni...
What should I know before taking varenicline?
Bupropion and varenicline have been shown to help people with schizophrenia quit smoking. But relaps...
What drugs may interact with varenicline?
Some patients who took varenicline along with nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) reported higher rat...
How effective is varenicline?
Studies show that people who use varenicline at the recommended dose of 2 mg a day are 3 times more ...