Where can I get nicotine-replacement medication (NRM)?

Nicotine-replacement medication (NRM) is one of the tools you can use to help you quit smoking. Nicotine gum, lozenges and the patch are available over the counter, while the nicotine nasal spray and inhaler are available by prescription only. If you are interested in beginning nicotine replacement, discuss with your physician or another qualified medical professional which form of the medication may work best for you.

Continue Learning about Dependency Agent

How effective is varenicline?
Studies show that people who use varenicline at the recommended dose of 2 mg a day are 3 times more ...
What are the side effects of varenicline?
Dr. Frank T. Leone, MDDr. Frank T. Leone, MD
Varenicline can be used to help you stop smoking, as it reduces the urge to smoke. However, it may c...
What is varenicline (Chantix)?
Dr. Joseph I. Miller, MDDr. Joseph I. Miller, MD
Varenicline, more commonly known as Chantix, is a new class of drugs which blocks the pleasant effec...
What should I know before taking varenicline?
Bupropion and varenicline have been shown to help people with schizophrenia quit smoking. But relaps...