What should I do if I miss a dose of Chantix?

If you miss your regular dose of Chantix (varenicline), take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose of Chantix, skip the make-up dose and follow your regular dosing regimen. Never take a double dose of Chantix. Call your doctor with any questions about dosages.
Nina Evans
Pharmacy
If you miss a dose of Chantix (varenicline) and it's close to the time for your next dose, just take it as you would normally. Don't worry about missing a dose. And by all means, do not double up or otherwise try to make up the dose. Just keep on going and you'll be fine. Make sure you always take Chantix after a meal, with a full glass of water.

Continue Learning about Dependency Agent

What are the side effects of varenicline?
Dr. Frank T. Leone, MDDr. Frank T. Leone, MD
Varenicline can be used to help you stop smoking, as it reduces the urge to smoke. However, it may c...
How effective is varenicline?
Studies show that people who use varenicline at the recommended dose of 2 mg a day are 3 times more ...
What drugs may interact with varenicline?
Some patients who took varenicline along with nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) reported higher rat...
What is varenicline (Chantix)?
Varenicline (Chantix) is approved by the FDA to help people quit smoking. It is thought to reduce ni...