What happens if I become addicted to Suboxone?

It is, unfortunately, possible to become dependant on Suboxone. Taking the medication consistently and exactly as described lessens the chance of becoming dependent. If dependence does occur, do not stop taking the medication suddenly or you will suffer withdrawal symptoms. Work with your doctor to figure out a schedule of gradually reduced dosages that will eventually wean you off of Suboxone. While you are taking the medication, make sure that friends and loved ones know to inform medical personnel in an emergency that you are taking medication for opiate dependence.

Continue Learning about Dependency Agent

What is varenicline (Chantix)?
Dr. Joseph I. Miller, MDDr. Joseph I. Miller, MD
Varenicline, more commonly known as Chantix, is a new class of drugs which blocks the pleasant effec...
How effective is varenicline?
Studies show that people who use varenicline at the recommended dose of 2 mg a day are 3 times more ...
What drugs may interact with varenicline?
Some patients who took varenicline along with nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) reported higher rat...
What should I know before taking varenicline?
Bupropion and varenicline have been shown to help people with schizophrenia quit smoking. But relaps...