Is it okay to smoke while I take CHANTIX?

The purpose of Chantix is to reduce your desire to smoke and  make the nicotine in smoke less effective in stimulating your brain. So if you smoke you may find it is not enjoyable although it won't harm you medically speaking.

Continue Learning about Dependency Agent

What is varenicline (Chantix)?
Varenicline (Chantix) is approved by the FDA to help people quit smoking. It is thought to reduce ni...
What should I know before taking varenicline?
Bupropion and varenicline have been shown to help people with schizophrenia quit smoking. But relaps...
How effective is varenicline?
Studies show that people who use varenicline at the recommended dose of 2 mg a day are 3 times more ...
What are the side effects of varenicline?
Dr. Frank T. Leone, MDDr. Frank T. Leone, MD
Varenicline can be used to help you stop smoking, as it reduces the urge to smoke. However, it may c...