How should I store varenicline?

Keep varenicline (Chantix) in its original packaging at room temperature -- around 72º F. Store the medication away from direct light, heat and moisture. Most important, keep varenicline away from children. If you have successfully quit smoking and no longer need varenicline, dispose of the drug in a safe manner. Your doctor can tell you the safest way to get rid of unused medications. Never flush unused medications down the toilet.

Continue Learning about Dependency Agent

What is varenicline (Chantix)?
Varenicline (Chantix) is approved by the FDA to help people quit smoking. It is thought to reduce ni...
What should I know before taking varenicline?
Bupropion and varenicline have been shown to help people with schizophrenia quit smoking. But relaps...
What are the side effects of varenicline?
Dr. Frank T. Leone, MDDr. Frank T. Leone, MD
Varenicline can be used to help you stop smoking, as it reduces the urge to smoke. However, it may c...
How effective is varenicline?
Studies show that people who use varenicline at the recommended dose of 2 mg a day are 3 times more ...