How should I store Chantix?

Nina Evans
Pharmacy
Store Chantix (varenicline) in the original container in a cool dry place away from children. Storing Chantix (or any medication) in your bathroom isn't a good idea. It's not cool and dry in there all the time, is it? If you must keep your Chantix there, make sure the container is tightly sealed.
Keep Chantix (varenicline) in its original packaging at room temperature -- around 72º F. Store the medication away from direct light, heat and moisture. Most important, keep Chantix away from children.

If you have successfully quit smoking and no longer need Chantix, dispose of the drug in a safe manner. Your doctor can tell you the safest way to get rid of unused medications. Never flush unused medications down the toilet.

Continue Learning about Dependency Agent

How effective is varenicline?
Studies show that people who use varenicline at the recommended dose of 2 mg a day are 3 times more ...
What are the side effects of varenicline?
As with all drugs, varenicline has some possible drawbacks you need to be aware of: Before taking...
What is varenicline (Chantix)?
Dr. Joseph I. Miller, MDDr. Joseph I. Miller, MD
Varenicline, more commonly known as Chantix, is a new class of drugs which blocks the pleasant effec...
What drugs may interact with varenicline?
Some patients who took varenicline along with nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) reported higher rat...