How should I store Chantix?

Keep Chantix (varenicline) in its original packaging at room temperature -- around 72º F. Store the medication away from direct light, heat and moisture. Most important, keep Chantix away from children.

If you have successfully quit smoking and no longer need Chantix, dispose of the drug in a safe manner. Your doctor can tell you the safest way to get rid of unused medications. Never flush unused medications down the toilet.

Nina Evans
Pharmacy
Store Chantix (varenicline) in the original container in a cool dry place away from children. Storing Chantix (or any medication) in your bathroom isn't a good idea. It's not cool and dry in there all the time, is it? If you must keep your Chantix there, make sure the container is tightly sealed.

Continue Learning about Dependency Agent

What should I know before taking varenicline?
Bupropion and varenicline have been shown to help people with schizophrenia quit smoking. But relaps...
What are the side effects of varenicline?
Dr. Frank T. Leone, MDDr. Frank T. Leone, MD
Varenicline can be used to help you stop smoking, as it reduces the urge to smoke. However, it may c...
How effective is varenicline?
Studies show that people who use varenicline at the recommended dose of 2 mg a day are 3 times more ...
What is varenicline (Chantix)?
Varenicline (Chantix) is approved by the FDA to help people quit smoking. It is thought to reduce ni...