Do I need a prescription for varenicline?

Varenicline (Chantix) is only available with a doctor's prescription. If you want to stop smoking cigarettes, see your doctor to find out if varenicline will work for you. When used in conjunction with professional counseling or a stop-smoking program, varenicline helps to ease nicotine addiction and smoking withdrawal symptoms.

Continue Learning about Dependency Agent

What are the side effects of varenicline?
Dr. Frank T. Leone, MDDr. Frank T. Leone, MD
Varenicline can be used to help you stop smoking, as it reduces the urge to smoke. However, it may c...
What is varenicline (Chantix)?
Varenicline (Chantix) is approved by the FDA to help people quit smoking. It is thought to reduce ni...
How effective is varenicline?
Studies show that people who use varenicline at the recommended dose of 2 mg a day are 3 times more ...
What should I know before taking varenicline?
Bupropion and varenicline have been shown to help people with schizophrenia quit smoking. But relaps...