Can I take Chantix with other nicotine replacement therapies?

Unless your doctor recommends otherwise, it is best to take Chantix (varenicline) without other nicotine replacement therapies. Findings have not confirmed the safety and effectiveness of taking Chantix in combination with other smoking cessation medications.
Nina Evans
Pharmacy
Don't combine Chantix (varenicline) with nicotine replacement therapies. These therapies include the nicotine patch, nicotine gum and nicotine lozenges. If you're taking Chantix and you're still having trouble quitting, talk to your doctor about other ways to support your quit-smoking efforts.

Continue Learning about Dependency Agent

How effective is varenicline?
Studies show that people who use varenicline at the recommended dose of 2 mg a day are 3 times more ...
What is varenicline (Chantix)?
Varenicline (Chantix) is approved by the FDA to help people quit smoking. It is thought to reduce ni...
What should I know before taking varenicline?
Bupropion and varenicline have been shown to help people with schizophrenia quit smoking. But relaps...
What are the side effects of varenicline?
Dr. Frank T. Leone, MDDr. Frank T. Leone, MD
Varenicline can be used to help you stop smoking, as it reduces the urge to smoke. However, it may c...