Can I get Chantix over-the-counter?

Chantix (varenicline), a smoking cessation medication, is not available over-the-counter. Chantix is only available with a doctor's prescription. Talk to your doctor about Chantix to see if this smoking cessation aid is right for you. When Chantix is used in combination with a stop-smoking support program or counseling, it helps to ease nicotine addiction and smoking withdrawal symptoms.

Continue Learning about Dependency Agent

What drugs may interact with varenicline?
Some patients who took varenicline along with nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) reported higher rat...
What should I know before taking varenicline?
Bupropion and varenicline have been shown to help people with schizophrenia quit smoking. But relaps...
What are the side effects of varenicline?
Dr. Frank T. Leone, MDDr. Frank T. Leone, MD
Varenicline can be used to help you stop smoking, as it reduces the urge to smoke. However, it may c...
What is varenicline (Chantix)?
Varenicline (Chantix) is approved by the FDA to help people quit smoking. It is thought to reduce ni...