What are the symptoms of serotonin syndrome?

Serotonin Syndrome is a very rare condition with symptoms of mental status changes (such as confusion), tremoring, fever, loss of coordination or diarrhea. It occurs when a medication is taken that causes a build-up of serotonin in the body. It can be brought on by an overdose of medication or too high of a dose. After two years of not taking fluoxetine, the chances of it causing your current mood changes are slim. Please make an appointment with your physician to discuss your symptoms as soon as possible. As you are probably aware, mood swings, irritability spells can be symptoms of bipolar disorder.

Continue Learning about Medication Overdose and Poisoning

Why do drug overdose rates vary by state?
By 2010, enough prescription painkillers were sold to medicate every American adult with a typical d...
What is serotonin syndrome?
Deborah Serani, PsyDDeborah Serani, PsyD
It's important to be aware of foods and supplements other than the prescribed medications you are ta...
Can I overdose on anti-itch medications?
Since most anti-itch medications are applied topically, it is difficult to overdose on them. How...
What is the cause of serotonin syndrome?
MediGuardMediGuard
Serotonin syndrome happens when the chemical serotonin accumulates in the body, usually caused by me...