Who is eligible for Medicare benefits?

You are eligible for Medicare if you are 65 or over, severely disabled, or have kidney failure requiring dialysis. 
Most people do not have to pay a premium for Part A (hospital insurance), but everyone must pay a premium for Part B (Medicare insurance). The monthly premium is deducted from your Social Security, Railroad Retirement, or Civil Service Retirement check. 

For questions about your eligibility for Medicare Part A or Part B, call the Social Security Administration.

Continue Learning about Medicare

10 Things You Need to Know About Medicare
Maximizing Medicare Medicare pays for much of the cost of hospital stays and doctor’s office visits for people ages 65 and older. This 50-year-old gov...
What is Medicare prescription drug benefits Extra Help?
Medicare prescription drug benefits “Extra Help” refers to financial assistance to help you pay for ...
What if I cannot afford to pay for my prescriptions?
Joane GoodroeJoane Goodroe
If you cannot pay for your prescriptions, the most important thing to do is talk to your physician. ...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?