If you enrolled either automatically (because you receive disability or retirement benefits from Social Security or the Railroad Retirement Board) or applied online or in person through the Social Security Administration office, you should receive your Medicare membership card in the mail within three months of your 65th birthday. Don’t wait if you didn’t get it by your birthday -- check and reapply. If you are disabled, you should receive your red, white, and blue Medicare card in the mail during your 25th month of disability.
- Q How do I know if I have Original Medicare or a Medicare Advantage plan?
- Q How can I get Medicare coverage for blood glucose test strips?
- Q Who developed Medicare?
- Q Who can I call for help with my Medicare application?
- Q Why find out the treatments your policy considers experimental?
- Q Do I need to present my Medicare membership card at each doctor visit?