If you enrolled either automatically (because you receive disability or retirement benefits from Social Security or the Railroad Retirement Board) or applied online or in person through the Social Security Administration office, you should receive your Medicare membership card in the mail within three months of your 65th birthday. Don’t wait if you didn’t get it by your birthday -- check and reapply. If you are disabled, you should receive your red, white, and blue Medicare card in the mail during your 25th month of disability.
- Q What is Medicare?
- Q Can I get Medicare before age 65?
- Q Can I wait and sign up later for Medicare Part D when I need coverage?
- Q How does Medicare work with AARP?
- Q Will my Medicare Part D premiums increase if I earn too much money?
- Q Why find out the treatments your policy considers experimental?