If you enrolled either automatically (because you receive disability or retirement benefits from Social Security or the Railroad Retirement Board) or applied online or in person through the Social Security Administration office, you should receive your Medicare membership card in the mail within three months of your 65th birthday. Don’t wait if you didn’t get it by your birthday -- check and reapply. If you are disabled, you should receive your red, white, and blue Medicare card in the mail during your 25th month of disability.
- Q What is Medicare?
- Q How was Medicare developed?
- Q How do I know what part of my care is covered under Medicare?
- Q How will the new healthcare law affect me if I have long-term care needs?
- Q How can I learn more about Medicare?
- Q How does the new healthcare law strengthen Medicare?