If you enrolled either automatically (because you receive disability or retirement benefits from Social Security or the Railroad Retirement Board) or applied online or in person through the Social Security Administration office, you should receive your Medicare membership card in the mail within three months of your 65th birthday. Don’t wait if you didn’t get it by your birthday -- check and reapply. If you are disabled, you should receive your red, white, and blue Medicare card in the mail during your 25th month of disability.
- Q Can I sign up for Medicare Part D at any time?
- Q How do I know if I have Original Medicare or a Medicare Advantage plan?
- Q For Medicare Part D drug coverage, what is the late enrollment penalty?
- Q Why was Medicare developed?
- Q How can I enroll in Medigap insurance coverage?
- Q How can Medicare Part C affect my Medigap elibility?