If you enrolled either automatically (because you receive disability or retirement benefits from Social Security or the Railroad Retirement Board) or applied online or in person through the Social Security Administration office, you should receive your Medicare membership card in the mail within three months of your 65th birthday. Don’t wait if you didn’t get it by your birthday -- check and reapply. If you are disabled, you should receive your red, white, and blue Medicare card in the mail during your 25th month of disability.
- Q How much does Medicare prescription drug coverage cost?
- Q How do I know if I have Original Medicare or a Medicare Advantage plan?
- Q What happens to my younger spouse when I go on Medicare at age 65?
- Q How can I qualify for the Medicare home care benefit?
- Q What is Medicare?
- Q If I have diabetes and I am eligible, why should I buy Medicare Part B?