If you enrolled either automatically (because you receive disability or retirement benefits from Social Security or the Railroad Retirement Board) or applied online or in person through the Social Security Administration office, you should receive your Medicare membership card in the mail within three months of your 65th birthday. Don’t wait if you didn’t get it by your birthday -- check and reapply. If you are disabled, you should receive your red, white, and blue Medicare card in the mail during your 25th month of disability.
- Q Who developed Medicare?
- Q Do I need to present my Medicare membership card at each doctor visit?
- Q Does Medicare send representatives to sell Medicare supplemental policy?
- Q Does Medicare cover diabetes education?
- Q Where can I find Medicare eligibility rules?
- Q How does Medicare work with AARP?