If you enrolled either automatically (because you receive disability or retirement benefits from Social Security or the Railroad Retirement Board) or applied online or in person through the Social Security Administration office, you should receive your Medicare membership card in the mail within three months of your 65th birthday. Don’t wait if you didn’t get it by your birthday -- check and reapply. If you are disabled, you should receive your red, white, and blue Medicare card in the mail during your 25th month of disability.
- Q Is there anyone I can talk to about my specific Medicare eligibility needs?
- Q Has fraud been a problem in Medicare?
- Q What's the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act?
- Q How is the donut hole in Medicare drug coverage going to close?
- Q How can I get Medicare coverage for blood glucose test strips?
- Q How do I know if I’m eligible for Medicare?