When will I receive my Medicare membership card?

If you enrolled either automatically (because you receive disability or retirement benefits from Social Security or the Railroad Retirement Board) or applied online or in person through the Social Security Administration office, you should receive your Medicare membership card in the mail within three months of your 65th birthday. Don’t wait if you didn’t get it by your birthday -- check and reapply. If you are disabled, you should receive your red, white, and blue Medicare card in the mail during your 25th month of disability.

Continue Learning about Medicare

5 Reasons to Switch Medicare Part D Plans
Medicare beneficiaries can make changes to their prescription drug coverage between Oct. 15 and Dec. 7. This annual open enrollment period is when you...
What questions should I ask about Medicare Supplements for a transplant?
Methodist Specialty and Transplant HospitalMethodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
Questions you should ask when looking into Medicare Supplements for a transplant: Will this poli...
How is Medicare funded?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Medicare costs about $277 billion per year, roughly 13 percent of the total federal budget.Funding c...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?