When will I receive my Medicare membership card?

If you enrolled either automatically (because you receive disability or retirement benefits from Social Security or the Railroad Retirement Board) or applied online or in person through the Social Security Administration office, you should receive your Medicare membership card in the mail within three months of your 65th birthday. Don’t wait if you didn’t get it by your birthday -- check and reapply. If you are disabled, you should receive your red, white, and blue Medicare card in the mail during your 25th month of disability.

Continue Learning about Medicare

What to Consider When Shopping for Medicare Coverage
Between October 15 and December 7, Medicare’s annual open enrollment period, millions of Medicare beneficiaries have a chance to make changes to their...
Why was Medicare developed?
Medicare was developed to increase senior citizens’ access to quality health care. In the mid-1960s,...
How is Medicare administered?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, part of the Department of Health and Human Services,...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?